View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 11:35 PM   #8
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Default Re: unresponsive fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvizzlez View Post
i'm pretty much just ranting at this point so i'm not sure if i'm repeating myself but it's not related to visual stimuli at all, as the same feeling of unresponsiveness would happen whilst just trilling ordinarily, not playing stepmania (but after a session). it's like the feeling of gassing yourself out after a really hard play session, but instead of your fingers going slower, they just become less and less responsive and you can't press keys consistently anymore.
personally i think it is because of visual stimuli, mental state, and ur expectations

as a test/experiment, I say that u should try to listen to a playlist of songs you like, or maybe an album or something, and tap ur fingers on ur desk as though u were playing arrow game, but don't think about it at all, just think about the music, and see if ur fingers lock up

if so its probably some actual physical problem, ye

edit: glancing at ur recent FFR plays they all say forever ago, and it seems u were around level 90 or so... im gonna assume ur playing etterna, if so you should probably stick to low level 20s for ur first few days back, idk what ur playing but if ur pushing urself with high level 20s n shit then it'll never turn out well lol. Also, playing mania uses such unique muscles that i don't think you can judge ur finger strength etc based on things unrelated to mania.. having to trill for an entire 5 minute dj sharpnel file for example is alot more taxing that just holding something lol

(completely unrelated but u seem pretty old school, u talking about holding up a bucket of sand reminded me of those old ass Archowl/mrRubix guides on how to improve, like filling a jug with water n shit and holding it by extending ur fingers... ty for good nostalgia)

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 08-21-2019 at 11:39 PM..
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote