View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 12:50 AM   #902
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2019 albums halp

Day 603: ANIMA by Thom Yorke

something something /mu/ something something RateYourMusic something something FUCK U SHARIFI something something white hipsters something something sounds vaguely like Kid A something something most overrated band of all time something something lazy eye something something Space Ghost

I remember back when I actively listened to Sufjan Stevens I thought his electronic album (The Age Of Adz, not any of that early bullshit) was highly overrated, but I enjoyed it because he was trying something new. Tommyboy here doesn't get to say that. This is overrated. This is boring. Maybe I just haven't listened to it enough, in fact this is the first time in a while I'm only listening to the album ONCE, but enough people have heard this and jacked off onto it that I don't feel like relistening to it any time soon. What makes this special? The guy's musical prowess seems to have barely made any change since Kid A! It's not BAD, but I'm really failing to see how this is one of the best albums of the year. This is slightly warmer than that album and Amnesiac, less warm and also less repetitive than The King Of Limbs, and probably only slightly less overrated than all three of those albums. To be frank I haven't been thoroughly impressed with any of his band's work since In Rainbows and I haven't listened to much else of his solo work, and this doesn't make me feel like seeking out more of his solo work.

I realize that it's shitty and useless to compare an album to the other works of the artist, and it's even shittier and more useless to compare an album to the hype, but suck my dick I just wanted to cross this off my year list. Also, stealing a title from Boards of Canada is fine but when your song isn't even half as good as theirs it rings slightly insulting.

Best Track: I Am A Very Rude Person
Rating: 5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote