Old 07-22-2019, 04:47 PM   #77
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: FFR Hacked again... Yes again... 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
he has produced reasonable complaints but has been behaving in a negative, condescending way towards site admin that arent at fault

hence the dunking
Yeah this is pretty much the issue. I mean, he contacted me privately, I gave him very clear and truthful answers about the issues at hand, and he decided to cherry pick some portions of the messages as "excuses" we were giving to just not fix things he was sure were trivial to fix.

There's ways to handle this kind of thing. And I think one thing people should think about when leveling criticism or offering random solutions to the problem, is that a bunch of us have been here for a very long time. I was here when Synth was actually active. I've been in skype calls with him. I've been here through what, four now? instances of him coming back, promising to be active and then vanishing again?

There's nothing you're going to suggest to "fix the site" that hasn't come up in our staff discussions at least a half dozen times, both from the internal "What can we do on the backend" front and the external "Could we actually just hijack the website" front.

And not just random suggestions that we could do stuff like that, serious discussions involving conversations with lawyers, analysis of potential server costs in multiple countries, methods of addressing music rights issues. This is not something we're just NOT thinking about.