View Single Post
Old 07-7-2019, 01:05 PM   #1828
Not devonin
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateandhatred View Post
Also let's clarify something: Is it ok to suspect which characters people have picked? I know sunfan is a huge tool and decided it was bad to hardclaim our waifus/husbandos, but this would make the game simply not fun.

I have a hunch for a few people there, and given that my role is very much well known, combined with the flips we're having, I am 99% sure all the roles are relevant to the chosen characters.

So we could figure out who everyone might have picked and based our investigation on it at least partially. I understand if you guys decide it's not fair at all to play this way, but the possibility of using it far too game-changing to avoid at least discussing it.

Thoughts?
Given that Xiz needed people to commit to characters in advance, and implied he would be structuring at least theming around the characters, it sounds like you are wanting to opt into a separate wifom for every single player.

Did their pick their favourite, from which we can divine their role?
Did they pick something they thought would get them town/wolf/3p/pr?
Did they pick something unlike what anybody knew about them?

What if 10 people all put in characters that would have made sense to be scum? What if only 3 or 4 people put in characters that would have made sense to be town?

Just feels like a total crapshoot, that maybe we should use for like...tie-breakers but not for picking the goal of the day.