View Single Post
Old 07-7-2019, 09:37 AM   #1716
Svaz
quite clever

Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not devonin View Post
Funnygurl giving up and un-giving up: That whole scenario is weird to me. When the dogpile looked real and she just defaulted to 'fine kill me, you'll regret it when I'm town' that made her look more wolfy to me, because I feel like a town would have kept at it right until the end. The fact that it basically -did- get votes off her to appeal to the guilt and later come running back with a reads list is also suspicious.

shadow_god voted for her, said 'do something!', she did something, Shadow_god was like 'okay cool' and unvoted. It felt a little bit rehearsed but with later stuff I don't think it was or implies much about Shadow.
First, I didn't see Shadowgod's posts as the thing that spurred her towards wanting to live. It was really more the presence of players she views as reliable on a personal level vs those she doesn't know or those she views as inherently inflammatory. Try re-reading that bit of thread again but ignoring Shadow's over the top posts (I think Lewdy just has a flair for the dramatic~).

Secondly, try viewing this scenario again but through a lens of like, "wow, I'm so excited to finally get to play with people again, and in such a big game" and not only are they generally not performing to your expectations, they're doing the most opposite thing of that conceivable. Is it really unreasonable to see spite as a motive here, should you toss concepts like "mechanics" and "town" and "wolves" aside?

Thirdly, I remember people just repeating "defend yourself!" at her over and over without really giving any material for her to do so with. I guess what I'm saying is: I'd be pretty irritated too, if it were me in that situation.