View Single Post
Old 07-7-2019, 08:06 AM   #1702
Not devonin
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Alright, so I spent like, most of the actual calendar night last night going through the thread, getting a hang of everybody's posts and reads and got all set to start off the game day phase with my thoughts on all the major stuff that happened, and then the point where I actually joined the game and could speak to anybody got delayed by like 3 hours into when I had to go to bed, and now I'm already running late for work to catch up on these posts and post.

I'll be taking part in the thread as actively as I can while I'm working today from 9-3:30 server, and then going to my sister's for dinner until around 5:30/6:00 server after which I'll be home and can dedicate full attention.

Quickly on all the "major" stuff that happened d0

The Haku/Soundwave thing: At first I got all caught up in what kind of weird wifom was going on. If Haku was a wolf, why would he make an active claim of sending something where the recipient could just deny it and make Haku look suspicious? If Soundwave was a wolf, claiming to have not got the item would be great to make Haku look suspicious, but if we followed through with the suspicion, lynched Haku and he was town, Soundwave would almost certainly get lynched the next day for causing us to mislynch.

I'm glad that neither one died in the night so we could get the info that Haku misread the power and that Soundwave now confirms it actually existed. That's good news. Gives me if not town reads, at least "not wolf" reads on both. I'm not super familiar with third-party faction stuff in games.

Funnygurl giving up and un-giving up: That whole scenario is weird to me. When the dogpile looked real and she just defaulted to 'fine kill me, you'll regret it when I'm town' that made her look more wolfy to me, because I feel like a town would have kept at it right until the end. The fact that it basically -did- get votes off her to appeal to the guilt and later come running back with a reads list is also suspicious.

shadow_god voted for her, said 'do something!', she did something, Shadow_god was like 'okay cool' and unvoted. It felt a little bit rehearsed but with later stuff I don't think it was or implies much about Shadow.

FlashFlash account is playing weird: I don't remember if I ever played with FFA in my very few games, and the ones I've read similarly leave me with no idea whether FFA is acting strangely or not, and if so, what acting strangely means, but players that I think are probably town and that I think of as 'good players' think he's acting weird and that it's suspicious so I'm null at best, and 'faintly suspicious' at worst. I think that day 0 had a LOT of weird non-information and red herrings due to all the shitposting so it's a little hard for me to sift through it all at this stage.

If there were other 'significant' day 0 things I ought to comment on, let me know, I have to bail out now to get ready for work so I'm not actually late late. I'll be posting sporadically through the next 8-9 hours between work, but I'll do my best, and then afterwards, I'll be fully active.