Old 05-15-2019, 06:55 PM   #111
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I understand this attitude of "reaching across the aisle to reach a mutual conclusion", but I say fuck that. The solution to intolerance isn't tolerance: finding a way to save the fetuses isn't going to correct the underlying biases of the opposition. History has shown that these people aren't willing to compromise. And why should we? All signs point to a culture war, we might as well obtain an uncompromising victory and use that as a basis for establishing a more modern set of morality, one distinct from church.
Man, what a coincidence. I was talking about this very topic with a co-worker today. He mentioned how he's a Christian and that people of his faith are taught abortion is murder (kind of relates to your post here).

Then he went on about the following point: Even if someone brings forward convincing arguments, facts, whatever -- that ultimately doesn't matter. If it's seen as an attack on the faith, it's essentially an attack of everything that person knows. And especially if it's "against the word of God".

So in other words, it doesn't even matter what the purpose is. There is this ongoing legal battle that is done just because. You'll hear statements like "stop killing babies!" from vocal pro-life people but then not hear about goals or actions.

I posted a question about how a ban on abortion would play out, with the assumption that the legislation stays in place. Every response I got was from a pro-choice person.

You've got all these legal battles going on to make abortion illegal, yet no pro-life person seems to discuss how it's going to end up. It's fighting for a cause without taking into account the effects of the actions. You'll have these same pro-life people saying "actions have consequences" and then disappearing when anyone asks about how it would play out.

Don't get me wrong -- I still keep an open mind about this subject. It's heartbreaking to see so much time, money, and effort spent on something in a courtroom that could instead be an opportunity to collaborate on.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 05-15-2019 at 07:03 PM..
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote