Old 05-11-2019, 08:44 PM   #56
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: fuck Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
"Rather than an abortion, instead have this almost certainly invasive almost certainly dangerous medical procedure instead!" is not, in fact, respecting one's choice for what happens with their body.

-respecting their choice for what happens with their body- sure does though.
DaBackpack already posted what I thought was implied, but yes -- this would be a voluntary decision with the woman knowing what the possible risks are. It's the same idea that just because a woman has the choice to have an abortion, it doesn't mean she has to.

According to the CDC, 91.1% of abortions they recorded in 2015 were performed at less than 13 weeks into the pregnancy. The CDC also defines abortion as the following:

"For the purpose of surveillance, a legal induced abortion is defined as an intervention performed by a licensed clinician (e.g., a physician, nurse-midwife, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant) that is intended to terminate an ongoing pregnancy.

Most states and reporting areas that collect abortion data now report if an abortion was medical or surgical. Medical abortions are legal procedures that use medications instead of surgery."

In other words, the intent is to terminate the pregnancy. That does not necessarily mean death of the fetus. You can transfer the fetus to an artificial incubator and that's still terminating the state of the woman's pregnancy. This, of course, is also if said woman agrees to it.

Fetal tissue is super fragile at that time too so I can see why it would be very hard, if not impossible, to actually salvage it. And at 13 weeks or less, trying shouldn't be as invasive as in the second trimester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
The problem is "People legislating what other people can do with their own bodies"

If they'd just -stop doing that- there'd be nothing to address.
Agreed that the topic is best addressed outside of the courtroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
I imagined something like this would be voluntary

but still doesn't address the underlying problem
What is the underlying problem you are referring to?

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 05-11-2019 at 08:46 PM..
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote