View Single Post
Old 05-8-2019, 06:50 PM   #1189
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
1. In what game has anyone EVER softed a block anyway? 2. Is there a precedent for that? If there isn't, why did you decide to break tradition and do so now? 3. Why did you wait until a massclaim was underway instead of claiming and using your soft when I pressured you, instead of appeal to emotions?
1. I'm not sure, but I don't see how that would negate anything about my play. This point doesn't make any sense.
2. I don't know if there is a precedent. In the event that I was nked before claiming, I gave information so people could go back and comb my posts. I was unsure if there was a SK or any form of vigilante in the setup, so there was the possibility that I die before I could claim. If I died, people could find it in my post. If multiple kills happened N2 (and I was one of them), then they could see if my first block did anything and evaluate Gradiant.
3. I didn't think I was being lynched and I wasn't about to hand the wolves a second blue claim. FFA had much more traction and wasn't the outed cop, so I voted him.

Don't fall into the trap of assuming exactly how everyone will play. You seem to have a habit of assigning what YOU would do in the situation (imagining yourself in my slot) and assume people would play like you. I have acknowledged several times that my EOD was ass, and my constant insistence that I was town was more than just hollow words that I was planning on backing up with my eventual roleclaim.

Not only that, but saying that "the onus is on you to prove to me that you can't have that bad of an EoD as town" is setting up the most loose fucking goalposts ever.

---

I want you to consider the fact that the top 3 targets of last lynch—you, me, ffa—were ALL TOWN. This is where our mindset should be at, not you laser focused on me.