View Single Post
Old 05-6-2019, 05:18 PM   #850
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Also Haku is town because he would express all that to a wolf partner if he had one

Yosh throwing sus on Haku and not being super committal it on is more padding then what Yosh is accusing Haku of doing.
Haku would do both, so that's not really alignment indicative. I think the accusation of padding is too critical of Yoshl's work, and I feel like he's discrediting it for some odd reason. Possibly weak distancing (w/w?), but I lean more towards calling this more t/w with lar being more wolfy of the two. Not sure how it's padding discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
wat?? how are you expecting to be in the same situation as last game...? I know you already expanded but I just don't get it at all how it's going to be the same situation this game

also I know a guy named Li Chen I bet he didn't draw that comic though
quoting this only to demonstrate that haku/raeko is NOT w/w
I know that raeko talked much of the game with Haku, so I feel like raeko would already be aware of this mindset if they were in wolf chat together. I think the reaction feels more natural than manufactured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
You can not have a wolf partner and not be town either, just saying. But I disagree with the meat of this too, because the types of concerns Haku is voicing are way more relevant to playing as a townsperson, than a wolf. So this comes off as flippant and surface level to me. And the second paragraph makes no sense to me.
Quote:
MML
Star is sussing Lar here. I think this is rather important given the other posts I quote from lar later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Stop.

Neither of you have played with Haku recently.

It wasn't surprising to see a certain level of Haku fixation from Daikyi given the fallout after that one FE game, but I didn't expect this from you too.
Making scornful comments isn't productive. Reread your comment if you disagree.

It's easy to focus on Haku's bad points and see little else. It's easy to make genuine sounding posts scorning Haku when you have genuine scorn towards his play, but neither are productive or even helpful to your own slots.

If the only thing you can direct towards that slot is derisive commentary, consider ignoring the slot for a portion of the remainder of day. Focus on anything else, because it gets hard to read your slots through it.
I kinda forget why I quoted this (this was 5-ish hours ago), but I think I picked it out because I feel like this post best explains Shado's defense of Haku. It's more of a preventing the thread from creating an environment in which Haku would just focus on Haku instead of other players. I think this is a towny gesture, allowing someone in town to have the capacity to generate reads for him to determine a read.
Maybe the reason I just typed out is why I quoted it. Either way, that's how I feel about it right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
No one would argue that what your posting is mechanically more insightful then anything Haku posts d0 in the history of ever (I love you Haku but you just shine better later on) but I think what Haku is fixated on and the manner he's going about it is telling specifically for him and his meta

That said I believe that giving general thoughts about Haku d0 is pure easy-mode and I was under the assumption that you knew Haku better then to really see anything worth commenting. That said, I will concede its been awhile for you too and you may not really hold that view.

Still What Haku says tells me about what he sees his role as where yours really didn't leave much of an impression other then d0 thoughts. Which is fine; it's much more then some people give on d0 and all that can be asked but I think it's funny you would call Haku's padding because at the end of the game your d0 thoughts are d0 thoughts.

Hence, your post is closer to padding then his.

If you want to see that remake of mine black/white (as you have accused me of doing to Haku's post) and read that as "He's calling my post padding!"....well, I'd say I don't think I would disagree with that assessment either, but again if it's been awhile since you've played with Haku and you're trying to reset the meta read then I'll concede your post serves a better purpose.

But I'll spoil the fun right now and you that Haku is still extremely easy to solve. He's the one d0 read I always nail right. I understand if what works for me isn't a good reason for you but that's where I am on him. Mechanics / slips would have to be made before I really think what he posted came from WolfHaku.
I don't really see what Lar is trying to say with this post. Is he scum leaning YoshL for his response, or is he making a concession on the point? Lar is the first one to mention the word padding, and he just says "d0 thoughts are d0 thoughts". This is a bit contradictory as he uses it as a defense of haku's post, but also as a weapon against YoshL. If they're just d0 thoughts, why is yoshl padding but haku isn't? It doesn't make sense.

Quote:
I have not a clue what you're trying to say here, but you seem to be overreacting.

What I am getting from the long post to daiyki seems to boil down to "I am great at reading Haku and he is obviously a townsperson, therefore you posting anything is padding in comparison to Haku's posting." Is that accurate?
star sussing lar, more at 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
this is the most Hello Fellow Townies post in the game, change my mind
I want to highlight this again because it looked VERY odd (for MML) on a reread knowing that star is town. I agree with inD's picking here. It's very odd considering that MML led an offensive against star in reaction to star reading into the interaction of yoshl/lar and voting lar. He backpedaled and said her vote was "pure" and then he did the HELLO FELLOW TOWNIES post that inD mentioned here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
Has anyone else ever seen star type in all caps before?
something tells me wolf FFA would point something out like this in wolf chat, rather than in thread for all to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Players of interest:

mellon_collie
MML
inDheart

in that order atm. Be back in a bit
I brought this up before inD, so ha! I quoted this to remind myself to check later if this came true

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
voting me is worse than voting no one

what's your xel read right now?
I found this post odd. Not super scummy odd, but just weird. Why did he pick Xel?