View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 02:14 PM   #133
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG CLXXXIII: star-crossed Can't Roll Wolf Because... Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikyi View Post
meaningful as in, attempts to engage in somewhat relevant povs of the thread. youre doing it, light knights doing it, im doing it, hell even charus engaging in relevant content

dbp is hardly interacting from my pov lol, just doing the ez thing of spewing to make noise (which seems to be placating everyone else at least lmao)
We might be giving one of those guys a little too much credit but fair enough.

I do believe that his tarot card readings are white noise, I won't argue that. But it is throwing some content out there that people can react to, and he's generating something on d0 on a forum known to suffer from inactivity. DBP could absolutely wait until EoD with no posts and then muti post tryhard shit at the end and skate by--even if he was on the chopping block because FFR has this really annoying habit of forgetting their cases on people as soon as they shout "present" at EoD . I've seen him do that as both town and wolf, and while the behavior wouldn't clear him I just think DaWolfPack would opt for that most games.
Quote:
also in the end if we disagree on this point, probably not really worthwhile to persue any further, unless you dont actually understand my reasoning, where i can keep trying to explain my pov
I'm assuming the PoV is that you expect DBP to dig a little deeper doing his time on the forums and you don't see him doing that, opting instead to do the tarot card bit.

I can understand that but I find that unfair unless you mean to push him to see a response, which I didn't get the sense you where doing. It comes off as "I already have the vote on him, so until I see what I think DaTownPack would do I might as well keep it" which I'm not a fan of because A That's pretty lazy and B it always strikes me as a wolf tactic to justify an early vote that you can either keep on and brag about if it leads someone as you being first or something you can easily jump off of if needed because "d0 lols".

Am I saying you're wolfstratting right now? Maybe. I can see you being a town that has a high expectation of someone and feels there's a reason he isn't meeting your content quota, but if that's the case then I think you need to wait until a flip and some interactions happen before you apply meta here.

Quote:
also re: dbp outing as wolf

yeah thats true, but early game analysis never hurts, and running on the assumption that x player will be easier to catch late game, so going to give free passes early, feels a bit like... idk not exactly wrong, but not the best way to approach things. at least in manhunt lol
I agree with this completely, but it isn't like there is was a reason to suspect him as wolf, so I think it's a fine approach assuming all things are equal.

Worded another way, I don't see the need to be hyper sensitive towards someone if they will be easier to grasp next phase. Obviously if I see something there I wouldn't give a pass on those grounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
Try Hard part 1
Quote:
Try Hard part 2: The try hardening
Quote:
Try Hard part 3: Shade Throws at High Noon
Quote:
Try Hard part 4: Try Another Day
Quote:
Try Hard part 5: Salty's Revenge
*shrugs* I guess it wouldn't be the first time I defended a man and then turned around to attack them but....

...DBP awfully salty about something that isn't even gaining traction right now and if I'm honest with myself I would expect DaTownPack to point it out once or twice and leave it be, which already happened before this page.

Sooooooooooooo if Yosh was fishing for a reaction I say he got one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
I'm going to point out that all of backpack's tarot readings have implied (at least it appears that way to me) that the subjects of the readings are human in this game
:thinking:
Considered that. I think using that to say they say more then shitposting isnt good because they are all readings from really early in d0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Spoilers in Pokemon, WHAT!?
Don't worry, Pokemon spoilers don't exist.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter