View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 11:12 PM   #27
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10
Default Re: In the making of my first stepmania chart

I'm writing this as I look at the file (not sure if you've made any corrections)

The first thing is that the file is WAY off sync. The offset should be -0.070bpm (according to ArrowVortex)

I nearly died inside watching that long ass jack oh my god. The intro also needs to be redone and dear god everything has to be redone.

That's not to say that it's not a good first attempt because it's WAY better than what I made 13 years ago or so where it was a sad time and I thought that the Megaman 4 stage select theme was 100bpm and required 48th notes for some dumbass reason.

A few tips.

1. Slow down the song to make sure anything you step goes to the music itself. Even after you finish stepping a section double check to make sure it matches the flow of what you're looking for and what the music calls for.
2. 95% of people who play this game generally can't hold a jack for over 3.5 seconds unless they're soulless arrow crushing machines. I'd recommend changing that up somehow
3. Just because it's one sound doesn't mean you're limited to only one set of patterns (see 17.403 going down). You can spice that up by using any combination of whatnot and whofer.

and finally 22.653 those off beat 16th notes don't exist anywhere in the song from what I've heard and I'm going through the chart at 0.7 (70% speed) and went through it at 1.0 as well. Take those out and focus on the melody of which the song gives you to work with

If you need any help or advice feel free to PM me here

PS. For replay value I would recommend a cut for this song as well but that's just my personal opinion. From the beginning to 1:51-1:55ish would be perfect IMO

Good luck buddy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote