View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 10:20 AM   #34
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: I'm tired of Google's algorithms thinking they know what I want and ruining the n

It should be pretty well documented that doing the 2016 election Google absolutely was trying to skew any results to showing you pro Clinton articles. That might be a bad example considering she was the most liked in the media but even at the time people thought it was getting absurd.

- H O W E V E R -

As a Youtube Creator there's nothing stopping me from adding whatever tags I want to my videos. I can be a sick --ck and tag Boston Bombings to my videos and if I do that to enough of them/they start getting a little more then 20 views within a week you could start seeing me playing Bushido Blade 2 when you try to research your paper on the incident. Political Agendas At Their Finest

Applying this logic to something much more realistic/a little less shitty is if someone wanted to write articles defending Muslims from the perception of always being terrorist the writers could absolutely tag whatever phase they felt needed to make sure the people they feel need to read their argument the most get to see it. What makes this still shitty is that the writers are still assuming that if you're researching it then you obviously haven't agreed with them yet and need to be swayed. In principle this gets under my skin because it shows the writers are afraid for me to do my own work on a subject and if your point of view relies on me taking your word for it your point of view just instantly becomes garbage to me.

But then again maybe they're just trying to throw every tag on there to get as many views as possible because that's how money works. *Shrugs*

-

My take-away is that Google isn't so much as skewing things themselves as people are really good at manipulating where their pages are in results, along with the explanation that Choof gave. Unlike the impression Choof gave, I think there is something to point and ask questions about. The left tend to adapt to technology much, much quicker then the right, so maybe once people who hold other views start to learn how to internet right the results will start balancing out again.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Last edited by MixMasterLar; 08-28-2018 at 10:20 AM..
MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote