Old 06-28-2018, 02:20 AM   #7
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Thoughts/stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanky! View Post
I see a lot of "lazy", one-liner posts here, and I am in no way placing myself above this. I've definitely spammed before. But I think that this has to do with the fact that FFR self-selects for those who have a low attention span, especially as one moves into the higher ranks.
I see what you're saying, but I don't see any correlation of an individual's status to his or her attention span. One-liners are for those who either do not care to elaborate/explain/dig deeper or may simply feel that there's not much that needs to be said for conciseness's sake - those scenarios can apply to anyone.

For those aforementioned threads, I think it's worth noting that the atmosphere wasn't always exactly inviting to prompt productive conversation; it often promoted confrontation instead. So I'd forgive those who didn't feel like engaging with a particular individual that they would feel uncomfortable with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanky! View Post
Being a lurker is good in that it evades you from criticism, but it also prevents you from getting better at arguing.
Yes, that's one way of seeing it. However, another way is that a lurker is merely a listener, not necessarily an evader of criticism. And it's always good to shut up and listen.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote