View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 09:47 PM   #282
Kyoko Kirigiri
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

Last one for now, assuming it doesn't get eaten by the account check again.

Junko Enoshima – don't really like their game, but it doesn't necessarily feel wolfy. The vast majority of their posts are one sentence and joke phasey, but that stands to reason given that they were made early. My problem is that the abbreviated nature never changed, even after they became more serious. There's a definite feel of defending Aoi (to the point of reading Aoi as “hard town”). I don't really get this. I made a post myself that more or less defended Aoi (or at least diminished the argument against them), but it wasn't because Aoi screamed town, it was that Aoi hadn't done anything horribly, damningly scummy. And although I argued that the case against Aoi felt a bit contrived, that doesn't mean that the people doing it were necessarily being scummy. Junko's defense felt overstated, particularly when there wasn't a huge explanation for it (again, most posts were short and information-deficient). I find that a clever town read can be a useful tool for scum—they can make themselves look simultaneously reasonable and restrained, while also having a good read on the game, without having to sacrifice each other. I'm not saying that's what Junko's doing, but the defense of Aoi

Quote:
Based on what I know about this game and its players, I'm going to read Aoi as hard town.
feels profoundly overstated, particularly when “what I know about this game and its players” appears to be a feel-read at best.