View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 08:14 AM   #16
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Token Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Explain to me without citing the fact others did it how its reasonable to expect people to do 100 requirements, some which require immense mastery of the game, to unlock a meme file that's easy as fuck. There's enough variation to the requirements that it's a simple quality of life change.
That's literally the only reason, and no the requirement should not change.
If any file in-game is to be a masterpiece, it should be a public file. I'd rather have a meme gated behind this requirement than an actually good file that less than 1% of the playerbase will ever get to experience.

Who remembers when Disappearance of Hatsune Miku was gated behind AAAing an FSO?

This change would definitely not be a quality of life change, even loosely speaking. It would completely uproot the current requirement, making it at least 10 to 20 times easier. Sure it's elitism at its finest, but people aren't required to go for these.. it is just a meme file after all

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 View Post
I would guess that most people who went for the token was more about a completionist achievement rather than for the access to the meme file. I am not basing my argument on nostalgia, but rather the nature of the token itself - a completionist achievement.
Preach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
It's time to stop dry humping nostalgia so hard it has third degree burns.
Nostalgia plays no part in this at all. Earn the first 99 chronological skill tokens is the requirement and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Changing it to any 99 just changes a perfectly valid requirement to be easier for no reason at all, as there is nothing wrong with the current requirement.

If you can successfully explain why the current requirement for Token Whore is an unreasonable/malformed/defective/invalid/what-have-you requirement, you have a case. Otherwise, it's kinda like saying change Derby from 95 to 90 because 95 is an old number and it's time for change.

--

My final statement for this post on this topic will be this:
The first 99 tokens require a wide-range of requirements that require a player to have a broad and adaptive skill set. Changing the requirement to any 99 STs does not guarantee this broad skill set (for example, using the any-99 model, a player could get the token having never AAA'd a song). Because of this, I think the token is fine the way it is. Nerfing valid token requirements doesn't help the game (or hurt it, to be clear). Because of this, they should only be changed if their old requirements are no longer achievable because of bugfixes, feature replacements, etc.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 06-11-2018 at 08:52 AM..