Thread: Need Tips
View Single Post
Old 06-9-2018, 11:25 AM   #13
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Need Tips

I'm currently skillboosting and I'm not playing the game.

I'm just doing physiotherapy to reinforce my weaker muscles around my shoulders that I use for this game and taking a break for my eyes.

I got a new keyboard that register keys faster which is an automatic skillboost alone too because it reduces the delay between reaction time and pressing keys.
That keyboard is also noisy, but hearing my keytaps has been a great way for me to help with reading. I rely on it when I know the song has a good sync.

The input delay helped me to jump from 2.75 to 3.1 speedmod for comfortably reading.

I'm starting to read patterns like rolls in a way that I'm not even worried anymore when I see them because I mechanically know what I'm doing without needing to calculate the space between notes visually because the speedmod is forcing me to react a certain way rather than leaving me room to think ahead about how I should hit a pattern.

Removing thinking in this game allows me to save a bit of time in reaction time as well, but I have to know the songs beforehand to do that great.

When I'm done with physiotherapy, I'll probably give it a try again.

Edit: I don't know if you can do that, but if you can learn how to hit QWOP as left/down/up/right rather than left/up/down/right it might become easier for you to read patterns. I'm like getting a headache just thinking at how to hit jumpstream with left/up/down/right in mind. You would need to hit [13][24] jumptrills like [14][23]. It's possible, but I feel like it may feel tricky eventually.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 06-9-2018 at 03:13 PM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote