View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 11:26 AM   #50
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: Beginner pack project for keyboard play

Ok some on the fly notes:

----There is no world where Walk Like an Egyptian is harder then Sheena, or even Heart of Glass. I've never seen someone struggle with the concept of jumps especially in the context of a song with only 14 15 notes (I'm adding one)

I remember when my mom was learning the game, she had much more trouble with 8th notes then jumps.

---I can already tell you without looking at the songs after that Claiomh Solais is rated too low. (EDIT Ok yeah counting snow is way easier. Like, I could miss the 8ths and the hand at the end and pass that) BPM changes that really only correlate to how many instruments are being used, multiple colors of arrows, a pattern the beginner will never catch on....yo this shit too fresh for the top 30 my man.

---On the same token I go back and forth on the mines in Adventures. Mines are not that hard on keyboad but that's a pretty beefy file to introduce them in.

---is there not a standard size for CDTitles? Is it not smaller then what most people have?

---sty ri crlimmie or whatever it's called needs to get bumped down by like 10 slots that is way easier then the last 5 files no contest. I get that it's fast but it isn't that much faster then Loser and Sheena; chances are once players get out of the lower ten they'll be using speed mods for the others anyway so it won't even be that big of a jolt.

---Enclosure needs to get bumped up those jump freezes are much harder then Quaver or Cloe (and I get Cloe is like long and shit but seriously I don't think that's that much of a factor)

---Speaking of Cloe, best file.

---Why is Blame it on the Girls rated this high?

If it's the jumps, I don't see it because they are mostly tied to the 4th note and in the context of the file pretty straight forward

If it's the freezes with the double tap, you but Enclosure and many other files with freezes under this one.
If it's the stream at the end, it is not harder then Cloe, or The Riddle, or Ra Mu Ne and actually follows and pretty predictable pattern unlike a lot of things lower then this.
This simply does not belong here

---Same token: Grazing in the Grass. Why is this higher then Cloe? The 16ths are about the only reason this would be considered hard but you could miss that 16th stream entirely and still pass. The rest of the song is easy meter building and it has a lot of dead space so players are not overwhelmed.

All I have time for. Looking at the song list from here....We may need to sync our selections up a little bit better :/

That's just how I feel about the ratings in relation to one another.
If you want me to critique your files, well I am not qualified to do that but if anyone wants me to anyway just let me know what files are yours.

EDIT oh yeah, this coming weekend I'll try to get some novices to test this thing out. If I tell them it's for a project I bet I can get a few nonplayers to try these files out. That'll help.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Last edited by MixMasterLar; 01-16-2018 at 11:27 AM..
MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote