View Single Post
Old 12-7-2017, 09:35 PM   #42
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Tier Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrusizer View Post
you guys are completely missing my point. this started because he was asking if tier points should be used to place people in divisions in tournaments. tier points do not represent skill. tournament divisions are supposed to represent skill. therefore, tier points should not be used to determine tournament division placements (if a more accurate system exists at least, which it does).
FFR Ranks > Tier Points as a skill measure. Pretty sure there's nothing to argue here.
Tier Points measure game completion rather than skills.

I was trying to justify optimizing levelranks through Tier Points + (bonus AAAs) to give some meaning to AAAs/Personal Bests/Tier Points.

Tokens are like the only thing that could be relevant to this fmpov because any other reward wouldn't make much sense.

I mentioned the OT because I had Unconnected in mind and the lvl93 vs lvl95 change that happened with FFR Ranks for D7, but similar ideas could exist for new tokens etc.

There's currently only 2 "D6 players" with the Tier 5 badge. ItsOnlyDanO and FFR Pro 21.

ItsOnlyDanO ended 2nd place D6 in the previous OT.
FFR Pro 21 is in a similar situation as me. A lot of optimized ranks and TPs fairly farmed.
Everyone else with 1250 Tier Points is D7 with lvl95+

I don't know if you looked at the FFR Average Rank leaderboard too, but it's pretty much a joke if I'm rank 6 on it.
I'm saying this because I'm FFR Rank 83 and that means 75 players or so didn't care about optimizing the easier songs in their levelranks.
I think the main reason is because there's no insensitive to invest time there because FFR Rank is the stat seen as the most relevant.

..wouldn't it make sense to try to give some value to everything else?

Pretty sure there's some ideas about this topic already like the "If you AAA a Difficulty 100 song, all your 1-90 become AAAs" etc.
There's many ways to look at skill vs progress.

We could also argue that the charm of FFR is that all the progress related stuff is meaningless. Kind of curious what's the stance overall.

It's pretty much skill(competitive) vs progress(casual).

Last edited by Hakulyte; 12-7-2017 at 09:47 PM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote