View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 12:42 PM   #8
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Help me w/ a project I wanna do next school year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
How do you plan to approach this? Are you going to educate them on the definitions and symptoms, or are you going to try to help them recognize the anatomy of a train of thought (ideally both though but those are two different styles of learning for this)?
What do you mean about anatomy of a train of thought?

Also, so far I'm planning on talking about definitions n' symptoms n' prognosis, then treatments, then stigma + misconceptions of mental illness, then about supporting friends/family members with a mental illness.

I was also wondering if I could hold things before and after school hours so I could do additional things. Like, I can't ask for too much time during the school day because no matter how helpful this is, like they're at school to learn other things y'no? If I do that though, I was thinking about giving additional tips on supporting those with mental illness (similar to some of the things I was taught when I was trained to volunteer at a crisis hotline) or tell parents to come over one day and give them roughly the same talk I give to students since tbh many parents don't know crap about mental health =/

Quote:
I feel like certain kids won't want to give this attention because it's hard for them to relate. But this is important for them to have in the.backs of their minds.
Yeah, most of them won't experience mental illness themselves. They'll likely know a friend who's struggling though, or will begin struggling in a year or two. That's why I want to gear a lot of what I talk about on stigma and making a good support network. Hopefully what I say will be relevant to everyone
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote