Old 07-1-2017, 09:59 PM   #2118
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXIX: TWGabout Revolution - GAME THREAD

to say something that Amazon said last game, H&H

wolves kill people posting like sanzath
serial killers kill people posting like storn

its about 60% of what he said.

Lets say, hypothetically, I am a wolf fakeclaiming a role here. Two roles outing to kill a wolf is not a good trade for town. Firstly, it doesn't confirm that I am lying, it just confirms that someone is lying. Secondly, its not a good trade numerically, it gives the last 2 wolves and the sk prime nightkill targets, as well as eliminating two valuable town players for one potentially valuable wolf player.

Also, again hypothetically, if I am fake, then I will continue to live through the night (unless the SK doubts me for some strange reason or something), in which case either through flips or claims or a combination thereof, it would become readily apparent that I am fakeclaiming. Its not something that would need to be dealt with right now because I would have to continue to live a long-ass time in order to get away with this as a wolf, and that kind of thing just rarely gets pulled off by wolves, and usually its because town plays bad rather than the fakeclaiming wolf playing well.

I get the paranoia from you here, but its unfounded. There is not going to be 2 other role claims almost certainly, it would just be a shit-tier play for a wolf to trade themself for myself, and I would be pretty happy if that happened.

I guess to talk a bit more about why I think sanzath was wolfkilled and storn was killed by the sk, storn wasn't widely townread whereas sanzath was pretty townread towards the end of the phase, meaning that storn is a potential mislynch. Storn is a person that the wolves could have potentially mislynched, and there wasn't really anything there pointing towards or against him being a role iirc. Wolves rarely kill potential mislynch targets because its just dumb to do that, especially on the first night, which is the night killing power roles is best for the wolves.

Now, I don't think this is smart, but what I would guess happened is that the wolves looked at Sanzath's frustration at being pushed on, and incorrectly concluded that he was potentially a power role from the frustration (again, I think its dumb, but it feels like its what happened).

storn just makes sense as an SK kill given how he was read. Also, there is the thing Haku pointed out about Xiz killing his townreads as SK, but that's only a very minor thing.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.