View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 11:46 PM   #127
-Tim-
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via Skype™ to -Tim-
Default Re: THREAD MOTHAFUCKAS MINTY 2 BITCHES NEW PACK YEAH

Quote:
d) Strip the 91-93s of 32nds, and convert it into 24ths. This would break up the 32nd runs into groups of two with a fair amount of space. It's the only set of 32nds that don't go to the chorus vocals and instead go to a held note, for which 24ths function perfectly fine. It's also the set of 32nds patterned the least interestingly and the most mash-baity. Using 24ths also allows you to better emphasize the drum hits. They're far and away the most prominent in this section of the song, and I'm pretty sure you recognized this since it's the only set of 32nds which have all 4ths and 8ths layered to jumps, which is why it was also patterned the most friendly and is the most mashable, which detracts from the drum hits you were trying to highlight in the first place. You want the player to slam em down, but they can't really do that if they're trying to jumptrill rolly 32nd js to preserve scores.
Upon finishing it the chorus was significantly denser than anything else and definitely had rougher patterning than what I sent in, though I guess my mind slipped and forgot to touch up the sections outside of those that were mash-y or spiky.

Skwid already went over this file with me the other day, so I'll follow the advice you two have given and fix this up soon.

edit: oh and ill add the piano shit to that knxlwedge chart too (probably send in two/three more charts later as well)

Last edited by -Tim-; 03-29-2017 at 11:52 PM..
-Tim- is offline   Reply With Quote