View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 08:07 PM   #7
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner
Default Re: Spenner / Shpongulate AMA

Oldest song I know/earliest song I have ever heard vividly was the Magic School Bus theme or Pingu lol. They began to trigger the correlation between sight and sound from a very early age, and my synaesthesia naturaly developed steadily from there. Oldtest movie probably Alice in Wonderland which has left an unsettling dystopian feeling within me. I feel like its from a fever dream of someone trapped inside Chernobyl.

Mostly the impact had come from one of the first books I read-- one or two Goose Bumps-- then an obsession with Scary Stories to Tell in the dark. From therein I suffered sleep paralysis and true panic for many years growing up.

One book... I Am A Strange Loop. Difficult learning curve, a little confusing, but enlightening to so many ideas about biology, cosmology, and cognition. (It's a shortened less college reading level version of G.E.B An Eternal Golden Braid) by Douglas Hofstaedter.

Before I die I must see the coastline of the Faroe islands from the top of a nearly impossible to reach peak.

Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote