View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 12:35 PM   #227
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Default Re: The Etterna Project

it has nothing to do with sound drivers

you have a file for which one of the charts bombs when trying to convert from a stepsid to a steps object, producing a null object and the game forces an exit with the error message "Crash reason: 0, 3, """ (steps type, difficulty enum, and description)

it would be really nice if whoever wrote this error message had the prescience to include the songdir of the chart that's bombing out, but they didn't

needless to say this shouldn't be possible in practice, null is only returned if the steps vector is empty and if there are no steps for the file in question the loading process should disregard the file and never load the song in the first place

the function that calls conversion of a stepsid to a steps object also first checks the validity of the stepsid before trying to get a steps object from it

so basically you have a reference to a steps object that doesn't exist in a song that shouldn't be loaded being called from a function that should have skipped the chart in question 3 times before it ever got to that point

i'm assuming since i havent been blowing up with crash reports from anyone else that this is relatively isolated

if you pm me discord contact info i can help you get it sorted out

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 12-24-2016 at 12:38 PM..
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote