View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 04:44 PM   #5
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24
Default Re: Starting my final year in highschool tomorrow

The timing of this seems weird to me, or the title is misleading. Are you continuing your final year in a new school and it is your first day there? Can you explain the timing of this? It doesn't seem to follow you could be having a first day of a new year in school in the middle of November.

As for the making friends thing, Celirra pretty much nailed it. But I don't practice what I preach about making friends, so take it with a grain of salt...

People in college are, as a general rule, more mature. If you go up to someone and talk to them, they will pretty much always respond to you. Boom, potential friendship. If you live in the housing on your college campus (if they have it) it is even easier. Keep your door open if you don't want to leave your room and people will come to you. Especially if you're making a ruckus smashing your keys on rhythm games, they will be bound to pop in your room and see what's up. And this works both ways, if you see someone with their door open, just pop in and say hello. Sit down for a bit and chat with them. Ask people to get meals with you, that's a really easy way to meet new people and make friends.

The same things apply for high school, honestly. Definitely 100% just talk to your classmates. You can ask them questions about where things are in the school or what professors/classes are good/bad. You're new there, they will understand, and you might hear some funny stories. It is admittedly kind of awkward to talk to new people, but it is a really great way to make friends. And like Sanjixcon suggested, get involved in something in the school. Ask some of your professors if they would sponsor you making a rhythm gaming club. You sound smart, so see if you can tutor underclassmen. If you don't want to go that far, take a look at the clubs the school has and pick one that interests you.

Honestly, if that stuff doesn't work out and you don't like the people there, just keep to your studies and graduate like you normally would. It sounds like you plan to go to college, and trust me, there is a HUGE new pool of people on college campuses for you to meet. New activities to get involved with, new classes, new people, it really is a completely different experience from high school. Best of luck to you, buddy.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote