View Single Post
Old 11-5-2016, 07:18 PM   #15
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: Important Reminder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThong View Post
I love Christmas. Don't forget the real reason why it exists, presents.
Not sure if a lead in to Jesus Christ or Pegan Sacrifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzleRomanceGirl View Post
you don't like New Year's or Valentine's Day or Groundhog's Day?

also i celebrate Chanukah :P
I don't hate them, per se
I have a weird history with holidays. Last year was the first time in 14 years I honored Christmas, actually. I changed my FFR Avatar to a Christmas one and I had a small Christmas Eve Party.

And cool, I didn't know you where Jewish. I bet the entire season just comes off as a little weird and hamfisted, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_coolguy44 View Post
Anyway, I don't mind Christmas stuff going up at late November. If you start getting all excited about Christmas in July and saying you should do your Christmas shopping then (I actually have a friend who posted on Facebook in July 100 someodd days until Christmas start your shopping now) then you're a crazy person.
Honestly I was taught growing up that Thanksgiving leads into Christmas kind of seamlessly. What gets me is that half the people I know want to talk Christmas before Halloween and half the people I know wait until November first but still dive headlong into Christmas the second midnight passes.

Like you shitheads be a little thankful for like 4 weeks out of the year before letting yourselves get brainwashed by mad marketing techniques kthx? That said, late November is fine for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonllama6124 View Post
The only thing I dont like is the fact that they play the christmas music non stop. "oh, you like Jingle Bells, well heres 67347634 version of it". Its like people dont care about the holiday anymore. and with the way todays society is, i believe it.
I use to work retell.

Same Christmas loop every year for 6 years straight.

If I never hear Winter Wonderland again I will not feel as if I am a lesser man

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote