View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 11:40 PM   #35
DeadSignal
FFR Player

Default Re: Lofty Megapack 6 - The Invocation Pentafiles

I don't think anyone is really tearing the fuck out of you as long as you're willing to learn from the very poor reception of whatever it is that you sent in; your standing relative to this situation is what you make of it really

that being said - based on the reception of your submission according to what people are saying here, it is pretty evident that your perception of dump charting is indeed fundamentally flawed

there is no rule stating that dump files are by definition characterized by low-quality patterns set to abrasive wall noise garbage for w/e reason

there is no rule stating that dump files are by definition bereft of any coherent patterning structure whatsoever

and thus consequently, and most importantly of all,
there is no rule stating that dump files are by definition bereft of any qualitative value whatsoever

as a matter of fact this misconception is something that people such as mina, lofty, scintill and skwid have been actively challenging through very respectable efforts in the past few years if not more than that

people choose to play files based on what it feels like to experience them as a player executing the patterns; if your file holds no value in that respect, then it is automatically of no value to anyone else regardless of whatever infantile amusement you may derive from ironically putting down shitty patterns to wall noise under ddream or w/e - the point I'm trying to get across is that even though dump files differ from more conventional ones in regards to how certain patterns are placed relative to certain sounds, this principle remains very much in effect nonetheless

your file holds no qualitative value whatsoever, and the fact that you have clearly disregarded that factor just comes to show how utterly futile your current stance will remain when aspiring to amount to anything in that figurative line of work unless you are willing to change it - this is further reinforced by lofty specifically requesting that people send in their best stuff

if you do sincerely wish to learn from the error of your ways, lofty's 3rd pack and mina's 4th pack are good places to start... or you could just wait till this pack gets released as I do find the currently-approved material within it to be quite respectable even as it stands for now

notable files worth checking out would be addicted to love, desenchantee, desire of ages, prototype, scarlatti 2.0, and last but most certainly not least the poet and the pendulum - scary halloween show (yolomania 3) is also a very solid example worth looking at

if not... then suit yourself I guess, just don't be surprised anymore at how people are going to take it

Last edited by DeadSignal; 10-23-2016 at 11:46 PM..
DeadSignal is offline   Reply With Quote