View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 03:09 PM   #7
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Challenged :P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_frog10 View Post
after playing about 20 seconds of Frozen. Yes, it is that. I can't seem to register when the doubles come along and my brain goes "DURRRRRR."
I'm gonna post this here cause I think it applies, something I sent a friend one time when he asked me how to play jumpstream:

Quote:
what u need to do is look how you play the jumps - the problem ur having, im gonna say, is that when you do the jumps, you treat them as isolated "jumps", which is a waste of finger movement.. lemme try to explain:

you know how in DDR, for new players, people say that you shouldn't move your feet back to the center before stepping to the next note, and that you should work on stepping from a note to another note? (also at a higher level, using toe/heel to press faster instead of full foot, high level ddr is all about minimizing movement lol)

well, applying that to FFR/SM, basically, lets say you are doing a jumpstream, and its like this (assume its scrolling up, like how u normally play)
Code:
 <  v  ^  >  <-- hit receptors
[X][ ][ ][ ]  the notes be scrollin
[ ][X][ ][ ]  up towards receptors^
[ ][ ][X][ ]
[ ][X][ ][X]
[ ][ ][x][ ]
[ ][X][ ][ ]
[X][ ][X][ ]
A pretty standard jumpstream.. lets say you are playing it though, basically, do you see how the first part is a ascending triplet going up, [1][2][3], into a jump like [24]? What I think you need to focus on doing, which is just something that comes with practice, is instead of viewing the "jumps" as isolated jumps, think of it like this:

you are already playing [1][2][3][4], a normal "roll" of sorts, and on the last note, you are simply using your other hand to hit [2] - so basically, instead of mentally hitting [1][2][3], then syncing up both fingers to hit the [24] jump, you should try to treat them as single notes, if that kind of makes sense.. another pic:

Code:
 <  v  ^  >  <-- hit receptors
[X][ ][ ][ ]  the notes be scrollin
[ ][X][ ][ ]  up towards receptors^
[ ][ ][X][ ]
[ ][X][ ][X] bold notes make the primary
[ ][ ][x][ ] pattern of single notes.. then
[ ][X][ ][ ] the italic shows the "added"
[X][ ][X][ ] note to make it a jump
Imo thats the only way to do em fast, you just kind of learn to do it subconsciously after alot of practice.. you need to basically work on patterns like [2][13], [3][24], [2][34], [3][21] etc, doing them smoothly

hopefully this makes sense
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote