View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 02:41 PM   #376
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

Default Re: The Video Game Mega Pack 4 (RELEASED!)

Here's some more reviews. The first part can be found here.

Final Battle Rival - Don't know how to feel about this one. I kinda like the one in VGMP better tbh. :/

Final Boss: Brought To You By McDonalds, I'm Lovin' It - Heavy feels like it's from VGMP, light but fun. Challenge was pretty good up until the jacks.

Fire Volcano - That was interesting.

First And Last - That chart matched the feel and flow of the song perfectly. I loved it.

When Batteries Fly - The section in the middle always throws me off and kills the otherwise well done simfile. :<

Frontier Brain (mpzero quality lol) - I got an FC on this and I still don't know how. Still, it was pretty fun.

Full Metal Alchemist Fighter - I can't pass this. How was Frontier Brain AND this a 15? :/

Gamma Quadrant - I know my hearing's a little shot, but those 32nd don't sound like they go to anything.

Gaze Out Over The Sea - How nice.

Get Away From Those Gears They're Going To Kill You - Reminds me of Fantastic Theatre, in that it's pretty fun.

Gerudo Valley - Feels like there's too much going on in comparison to the song. Then the minijacks come around and then there's too little going on. It's confusing.

Get Jinxed - I don't feel the energy from the song in the simfile, making it feel disjointed.

Go Forth Great Fox - A good file, althoguh it feels like it needs a little extra oompf.

Go Go Power Rangers Novice Alchemist - Those mines right at the end of the holds were kinda mean. Other than that, it was good.

God's Garden - Not funny.

Goon Twins - I can see people who are really good at Stepmania loving this file, but for now I can't say.

Grab The Crystal Popcorn - It just doesn't feel right. The intensiy of the song is high, but the intensity of the chart flucuates all over the place.

Gradius II Soundtrack - I'm not really good at minedodge, so I can't really judge this simfile until I can pass it.

Grannie's World Tour - Need some more energy to match the song.

(Under)Ground Theme - Could do without the ghostjacks.

Hard Man's Theme (Genesis Remix) - Can't really call the heavy chart easier cause it has less notes when the weird jacks are still there.

High Speed Beast - Yikes. X_X;

Home - Nothing really to say about this.

Hope & Joy Peace Peace Joy & Love (nice typo in the gfx lol) - Pretty cool.

Hornet Dance (Genesis Remix) - A little inconsistent, but it's good. Just wish I could hit those jacks. D:

In The Fires Of Ignition - Feels good, although the jacks felt a bit funny.

Inner Goldfield - Yikes that 24th burst came out of nowhere.

I'll most more after Web Design, since I have a 3 hour gap between classes. Oh yay. :V

Up to now, I can say that there's been a lot of jacks in this pack for some reason, as well as songs that seem to be stepped for the sake of being stepped (Baba Yetu, the McDonalds' Final Boss tune) or for completion's sake (the pokemon and MvC2 songs). Not that there's anything wrong with that (Baba Yetu's pretty fun and it's nice to see the MvC2 soundtrack get some justice), but it seems like some people picked the songs first before wondering if they were steppable.
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote