View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 10:08 AM   #331
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Default Re: The Video Game Mega Pack 4 (RELEASED!)

lol bro cmon, YoshL blasts me like every thread I make, honestly him giving a decent review, I'd take that as a good review. You need to understand how he is, and also, I'd say he definitely knows a thing or two about songs, no disrespect, he's pretty high up there, playing for USA 4k osu team and all.. He's definitely been around the block.

Like look at this, I try to make something http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=145457 and I get destroyed cause of the public algorithm I use

-> Regardless of this, I don't take it personally because I understand theres drama between a prominent FFR community member and the people who run that algorithm, and I can look past it and see that people are in fact downloading it and using/enjoying it - same with this pack.

You all gotta understand, sometimes you'll work hard on something and people are still gonna nitpick what they don't like, sometimes it's unjustified or w/e sometimes they are just giving constructive criticism, but bro cmon we all know the only thing anyone really has in this game is their ego and how notorious they are, this type of game is basically the breeding grounds for the elitist gamer lol (I like that though to be honest).

Just take some of the stuff with a grain of salt and not too literally, droppin some real talk but everyone takes everything so personally and literally, like if Mina says "The devs in stepmania are all bad, look at these stupid int -> float -> int conversions", you shouldn't take that literally, you need to understand how some people here express themselves lol like damn.

This pack is great, but instead of taking the reviews directly at face value, focus on what they are trying to say - you all know you are great steppers (It's not from this pack, but kommisars Purple Drank is one of my favorite songs/files of all time, in FFR or FFR Community Pack, hi19hi19 has some super bomb files with things like dr1, Death Throes of the Terror Squid.. You guys are notorious steppers anyways) - the pack sells itself as the videogame megapack lol, like someone new to stepmania isn't going to read these reviews and be biased and not download it - and if you ask me, no one is a perfect stepper for songs. As amazing as any given song in this pack is, I wouldn't dare believe you if you said "I believe this song I made is 100% perfect" because the second you think your files are perfect, the second you stop making better files.

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 09-11-2016 at 10:14 AM..
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote