View Single Post
Old 09-7-2016, 09:03 AM   #138
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to DigitalS3r4ph Send a message via MSN to DigitalS3r4ph
Default Re: The Video Game Mega Pack 4 (RELEASED!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
I think it's funny that three people now have mentioned liking Shard (Combat) as a warmup file.
I originally stepped the file to be the first song Staiain played at AGDQ and kind of designed it to be a warmup-style file so that Stai could ease into his AGDQ block.
I am glad to see that it actually serves that purpose, and that people like it
It's the ultimate warm-up song IMO for the VGMP 4 Haha.

Quote:
Er, why exactly does The Valedictory Elegy have an edit difficulty?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
Also, apparently one of my files somehow have gibberish lyrics in it. If you happen to see a .lrc file, just delete it. Otherwise it could distract or lag. idk how that even happened
Oops sorry guys. Something was bound to slip through the cracks.

Quote:

The layering in Streamworks is very different from my easy file - I chose to pretty much only follow the melody, so it was fun to play a more layered file for the song. I would have preferred PR jumps to the big orchestra hits rather than jumptrills though!

Silver Surfer BGMII has many more holds and much less actually stepping out the arpeggios compared to my version
For this song I personally prefer a JS file rather than a jack-oriented file, but this interpretation is quite good for the song if you like jacks.

Hard Man's Theme - Whoa, this took me back. Feels very Zagh style. The staircase holds were really fun!
The layering felt nice. There was one part with several down minijacks in a row that felt noticeably harder than the rest, and also one section with many jumps that was very split and I got lost in some 434343 stuff on the right hand, though both of these cases were more my fault than the file's haha
I definitely enjoyed it.
Yay, glad you enjoyed. Both Silver Surfer BGM2 and Hard Man's Theme (Along with some older files) were stepped way back in 2014 when I was going through a "Jack Phase" and wanted to work on jack technique.

It's funny you mention that about Hard Man's theme because I definitely was channeling Zaghurim's stepping style when I approached the creation for that chart, haha.

It'd be fun to work with you on some collabs some time since our layering technique is so different.

PM me if you find the secret.

Last edited by DigitalS3r4ph; 09-7-2016 at 09:05 AM..
DigitalS3r4ph is offline   Reply With Quote