Thread: Tales From Work
View Single Post
Old 09-5-2016, 09:53 AM   #43
TheThong
♩♪♫♬♭♮♯
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to TheThong
Default Re: Tales From Work

I was on night shift, and the ambos brought in this lady who was refused by another hospital. She had called the ambos to bring her in because she said she was pregnant and wanted her baby to be checked.
This is a 50+ lady fyi. She's known to (frequent flyer) be delusional.
So anyway, she comes in. I ask her for a urine specimen, so I can do a pregnancy test for her. Surprise, not pregnant. She tells me she hasn't had sex in 20 years, and proceeds to tell me she is ' god's child ' and is 'the next Virgin mother'. Oh yeah. Although she could walk, she also decided to pee on the floor three x. This is between 2-4am in the morning.

Had another night shift where it was 3am. One of the mental health patients was singing '... In the jungle the mighty jungle ' on repeat for a good 10 mins. Across the room from him, a patient yells at him to stfu, and as he continues to sing, pt no 2 goes into his room and punches him. We had to call a ' code black ' and get security to separate the two.

Anyway, a good hour passes and patient #1 wakes up, and decides it's a good idea to go to patient #2's room, and punches him back. We call another code black, and end up having to move one patient to the opposite side of the department.

Lots of fun patients.