Thread: Tales From Work
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 02:40 PM   #1
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Tales From Work

Heya folks, Charu the Squawky Snivy (also known as major fuck ass extraordinaire) is here today to bring you a fantastic thread... possibly!

Majority of us on FFR have grown up with the site and majority of us have jobs that have to deal with people. Be it may as little as two a day, or to hundreds per hour, I think sharing our highs and lows in the work place could be something that I think a lot of us would love to see.

May or may not have gotten the idea in my head after lurking tales from retail on good ol' reddit for a year or two.

Alright, I'll share one with y'all. It's one of my favorites to tell.

---

Now as everyone knows, or well, the vast majority of you know, I work in a library. A school library in that it doubles as both an academic and public library. Because of my location, being so near Detroit and the neighborhoods that are infamous for their brutality and unique demographic, I'm prone to these bizarre situations that happen from time to time.

The one I'm about to share happened 6 months ago, give or take.

A middle-aged man walks in on a Saturday wearing your typical every day clothes with some papers in his hands. I'm stationed up on the circulation desk (think receptionist) and he asks me.

"Pardon, but do you know where I can upload a resume to a job I want?"

"Certainly, go through the glass doors on your right and head down to our computer lab. If you need help with the actual upload, ask the person at the periodical desk!"

"Thank you."

A'ite, no problem, just a normal Saturday and I go back to browsing random websites and being bored as there is no books to sort through at the moment and I'm essentially a one man army in the front.

Suddenly, a scream of rage after, err... lets say 15 minutes. I get up and ignore protocol to stay on desk because... well, when you hear someone raging, that ain't good.

Turns out the middle aged old man was fighting (verbally mind you) with the librarian on desk, as well with the periodical person. Periodical guy says that he called the campus police because the yelling guy looked like he was gonna go from being verbal to physical real fast.

I notice that one of the computers had pieces of plastic scattered around it. Turns out the guy ripped a CD Tray out.

So security comes, takes him away while they say he damaged property and their going to bill him, and I'm just left there speechless.

So... why did the CD Tray get ripped out?

The guy was wanting to upload a resume. However, he did not heed my advice. Instead of asking for help, he sits at a computer with the paper in his hand. Folds it up, and then sticks it in the CD Tray. Getting angry, he demands then to have some assistance from the librarian. Librarian tells the guy that the method he's using isn't the correct way so attempts to get the paper out of the tray.

Surprise, the tray is stuck.

Furious, the person takes his car keys and forcefully rips the tray out to get his folded papers.

Cue what just happened.

Just. Library. Things.

---

...Any who, that's one story. I got others. If any of you got some things to share, I think it make a good read. Don't be shy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote