View Single Post
Old 08-4-2016, 08:12 AM   #10
baq12
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: baq12 Singles release thread

New file being added to the first post! Info about the file will be here in this post.

Skyscraper

This is a very quirky addition to all the files I've released thus far. The song is very weird and quirky to the ear , and so I decided to base the patterns on the overall mood of the song, with super weird and quirky patterns that look weird to the eye, but are extremely smooth.

The biggest challenge for me when I was stepping this was the guitar solo. The reason being that it was so weird and very random in its improvisation that there would be times where the steps to the guitar solo would be very uninteresting. But, if I tried to layer drums consistently throughout the file, it would become too dense, and not very fun to play. Fortunately, the drums had little fast filler parts throughout the solo in the parts that aren't too interesting to step, so I filled in those parts with the drum filler, to bring a little more interest in the solo.

Near the end of the solo, I decided to just go with 24th notes instead of trying to meticulously step it because it just felt better as 24th notes rather than the rainbow mess I had before.

Its one of the easier files here in this group of single releases, and a really fun one too. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!