View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 08:11 PM   #1789
krunkykai22
<3 Jumpstream <3
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22
Default Re: 11th Official Tournament - Round 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
There are really a lot of points here that are not worth mentioning because they cover other games that have structures for the reasons that they do. For starters, FFR cannot handle the concept of a divisionless/live tournament being that there have been 11 tournaments utilizing a divisional structure, and FFR has built a foundation on being playable to all skill levels. Ideally, the best measure of skill would be to have a tournament that has performances that are done live, but the engine's platform/instability prevent multiplayer from being a viable option for an overwhelming portion of the community. The official tournament is something that the site gets largely excited for, but many players will not bother entering if they feel like there's absolutely no shot of them even placing. In order to even try to mitigate this, you would need to spend the time creating a huge bracket, potentially making qualifiers, and eliminating the concept of one week rounds, to dedicate x amount of hours just for a single session. osu! and FFR are not one in the same, and they never will be, with regards to the game or regards to the structure.

Don't get me wrong, I am a large advocate of single-division tournaments - it eliminates sandbagging, it makes prize structures easier, and it even makes prizes simpler to handle. However, the large turnouts and the increase in user activity likely wouldn't be as prominent if players only got to experience a single round or a small number of rounds because they were put against really high level players. It's not inviting. There's a reason why MP tournaments got a super low turnout: the game is unstable, and a reasonable number of higher level players signed up.

Indeed, sir. You are 100% correct!

Still doesn't deviate me from my opinion that D6 should be on par with the rest of the tournament. D6 has the smallest cut off line of ALL divisions including D7!! (20 something goods from Etienne to gameboy), and that is the highest division of them all! D6 has never been bumrushed the way other divisions have in every official (*cough* D3 *cough*)

Still, since they are getting their asses handed to them, why not make it a uniformed policy with ALL divisions (minus that of D7 because lulz godly). You understand where I'm going?

D6 is the entrance level to the highest tier of FFR. You have to get through this division to enter the Master Tier/Diamond Tier/Challenger Tier (Yes game references!)

So why not make it worth noting that you have to FIGHT for it since you have to FIGHT SO HARD to get placed in D7?

Just a thought!