View Single Post
Old 07-9-2016, 09:00 PM   #467
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Read My Reviews

Day 333: Dub Housing by Pere Ubu

I was warned that I probably wouldn't like this one because I didn't like the more self-indulgent bits of The Modern Dance which is probably why I put this one off for so long.

Boy, I'm glad people were wrong. I enjoy this at least as much as The Modern Dance if not more. The rockers are less based in surf and punk and instead are full of weird, creative ideas. Navvy is a joyous satirical ditty loaded with energy, On The Surface is a pop anomaly, Caligari's Mirror is one of the most unique and hyperbolic quiet-loud-quiet songs I've ever heard and I Will Wait is a warped anthem. Most of the rest of the songs are much more subdued, and honestly sound like they're trying to be spooky but really aren't. On that note of negativity, they're infinitely more enjoyable than the experiments from the debut besides maybe Thriller! because they all sound like they're trying to portray a legitimate atmosphere, not some weird stupid art-fart-postmodern-postgood bullshit like Sentimental Journey.

Definitely worth relistens.

Best Track: Navvy
Rating: 7/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote