View Single Post
Old 07-2-2016, 02:41 PM   #1
m0de
Marble Eater
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to m0de
Default I would be terrible in life threatening situations

So a family member of mine just got a pretty nasty injury right in front of me today, and now looking back at how I reacted after it happened I realize just how awful I would be at helping someone with something more severe.

My fiances dad had asked me to help him trim some bushes with a hedge trimmer earlier. Not even 10 seconds into him kinda showing me what he wanted me to do, his finger got caught in the blades, slicing the living shit out of it to the bone. Still cant get the sound of it hitting his finger out of my head. Right after it happened I panicked. I was like "okay, okay let me see it how bad is i--oh god gross okay its not bad okay let me uhhh, let me.. I'll get something".. I ran in the house and got some paper towels to stop the bleeding. He was pretty calm the entire time, but I was in full panic mode. I got my fiance to take him to the hospital where he is now to get what I would assume is just stitches.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation where you had to act upon it? How did you do? I'm curious.

tl;dr fiances dad cut his finger bad, I panicked, didnt know what to do. hes gonna be okay.