Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Official Tournament Round 1 Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
\
Division 7: oppIrish (GYPSYCOREremix)
Suggested Difficulty: 89
- I'm only giving this a difficulty of 89 purely off of basis of that spike in the dead middle of the file, which forces you to do a split-handed jumptrill into a roll that starts as a jump. Not easy to do at all. The rest of the file, despite being aggressive, is fluent. Even though FFR isn't used to see alternating jump-jacks at this difficulty level, the transitioning into and out of the patterns are not too harsh. A few split-handed bursts coming after some one-handed jumptrill [12] [34] patterns forces players to pay attention to their extry and exit points.
This is the only one I fundamentally disagree on. The file is quite long and relentless with an average NPS of around 18-20, with spikes up to 31. A lot of the jumtrill into roll/burst patterns are extremely jarring, not just the [14][23][14] into 4321roll. You'll see complex hand-gallop patterns that can otherwise be found in Herbie Goes Ballistic (90) at a higher BPM, which can be PA-killers for those not accustomed to them, given their awkward structure. 225 BPM isn't a very manageable speed for those jumptrill patterns (I personally can't hit the [14][23][14] jumptrill at all after being exhausted by the first 1850 notes, for what it's worth).

I'd revise my original assessment to 91 instead of 92, but I definitely think it needs to go above 89.

You'll also see high 20's, low 30's scores in the upper D6 playerbase which suggests 90+

Last edited by rushyrulz; 06-30-2016 at 02:42 PM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote