View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 06:17 AM   #3
RenegadeLucien
FFR Veteran
Skill Rating Designer
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR: The New User Perspective And New FFR Ideas

Let's see here...

The welcome message should probably be updated. Link to the dictionary, link to the game page, link to the standalone guide (the fact that neither of your friends even figured out there WAS a standalone at all means something is seriously wrong with how we're promoting that.)

Two, tokens. I'll agree with you that a difficulty system for skill tokens would be helpful. The problem is that very few veterans even give a crap about tokens at all (just look at how long it's taken us to change the normal tokens.)

Three, something that hasn't even been brought up: The Legacy genre.

To a new player, THESE are going to be the majority of the first files played, and we all know how CRAP these files actually are. It's probably the biggest turn-off I can think of to new players, aside from the whole "I can't find the game" thing that this thread revealed. So as much as people want to keep these files in their original state, I think it's actively hurting us to do so. I don't know if your friends had any comment on the "blue note songs", but I can't imagine it would have been favorable.

Last edited by RenegadeLucien; 06-28-2016 at 06:20 AM..
RenegadeLucien is offline   Reply With Quote