View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 10:11 PM   #909
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: 11th Official Tournament - Round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killionz View Post
Agreed, 100% actually, but as far as D6...

The skill gap in the bracket is so spread out, there should almost be an 8th division.

The majority of what I see, is some people SLAUGHTERING other people because of the huge skill jump between D6 & D7.
Well, as one of the roadkill in that precise gap you are mentioning, I agree.
I also think that it's probably more work than you realize to create another division.
You get used to it. 2 Officials ago I was roadkill at the bottom of D5, then last official I worked my butt off and got 2nd place in D5.
Now I'm dead at the bottom of D6. I'd rather that than have the tournament become such a project it never happens at all.

Quote:
If that's not the case, there should be an A & B division (like TC_Halogen does with his tournaments) to prevent some of those issues.

Like I said, just my two cents! I'm not trying to argue with someone, but I don't agree with 75% of the way all of this has been set up so far.
This has been suggested. The question is, where do you draw the line?
While I agree the like 60+ people in D5 is probably too big, I'd love to hear your argument for the ideal size of a division.

Quote:
I also heard that, depending on how well you do/progress overall, you can be bumped to higher divisions DURING the tournament. Can anyone confirm this? Because I would actually be amazed if that was the reality of getting better with 4k.
Yeah this has happened in the past and is pretty stupid. Sometimes people ask to get bumped up, which is fine, but otherwise doing this involuntarily has as far as I can tell pretty much always been regarded as a mistake. I hope it doesn't happen this year. If people are truly sandbagging just ban them.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 06-25-2016 at 10:14 PM..