View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 12:20 PM   #76
Rojaf
FFR Player

Default Re: orlando shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
@rojaf: About that loonwatch graph. I saw that one before, but it's forgetting something very important.

From your link:

Although there may not be a surprising amount of Muslim-related attacks, the ones that did happen caused significantly more casualties.

But I don't think that reacting to terrorism with a feeling of terror is a good idea.
absolutely. the terror attacks of september 11th are by far the most devastating.

but the idea that most terror attacks in the US are perpetrated by muslims is just wrong. you cant use a high death toll to argue that support for terrorism is widespread. you can use it to say that islamic terror is more deadly and i would never argue that point. but there's a big difference between the two, and you cant use one to prove the other. and statistics say that islamic terror is not widespread, and is not widely supported (especially isis).

there is a lot more support for hamas and hezbollah which while still wrong is a completely different issue for a completely different thread, since it doesn't really affect americans.
Rojaf is offline   Reply With Quote