View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 11:56 PM   #69
Frank Munoz
Vophie
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: orlando shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This feels to me like it's a "gun control issue" in the same way 9/11 was an "airplane issue" or the Boston bombing was a "pressure cooker issue"... ect.
when's the last time you heard of someone, once again, takes control of another airplane and crashes it into a structure because it was so easy to access it in the usa?
or
"another day
another pressure cooker issue
"
the context of 9/11 and the boston bombing are severely different than the Orlando shooting.
Though, all are tragic, the amount of recorded shootings this year alone is alarming; as with every year, compared to plane hijacks/suicides.

There aren't numerous mass murders caused by airplanes, or pressure cookers as they are, again, very rare.
You know that
these are not common threats
these are not contributing to repeating acts of violence
these are not weapons made solely to harm others

a person unloading a clip into another person
whether it be for violence, or for justice
is undoubtedly the highest beneficiary to all of what's listed above.
Which is why I believe people are suggesting more gun control, as firearms do not have a friendly history.

Also the religion talk
reach says
"to ignore Islam is a grave error",
exactly. just as
"to ignore gun control is a grave error"
"to ignore extremist is a grave error"
"to ignore ect. ..."

Our lenience is clearly present, but i believe all of us fundamentally consider the same things, just with a skew that overshadows the rest.

edit: rojaf those pie charts are more than a decade old, not saying they're inaccurate, but what's the purpose? Wouldn't a recent calculation be more beneficial?

Last edited by Frank Munoz; 06-15-2016 at 12:03 AM..
Frank Munoz is offline   Reply With Quote