View Single Post
Old 06-1-2016, 05:55 PM   #1085
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: The VideoGame MegaPack 4 (OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS)!

Whoo, 9 for 9 now. Glad you are liking the files!
I'm really looking forward to this pack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Escape of the Infidels (hi19hi19 & mina) - That Expert chart, hahaha. I got REKT.
lmao yeah that chart is #justminathings
Still not sure about the alternating 24th JS section into the 32nd rolls in the Heavy chart; I might test some other options and maybe send in some fixes in a day or two.

Quote:
High-Speed Beast (hi19hi19) - La-Mulana!!! Yes!!! This file's a damn high-speed beast, haha. My stamina is ass, so I couldn't keep up for the whole file. Definitely a good challenge!
Yeah La-Mulana is such an underappreciated gem. Carlos sent me this song to step in like, 2011, and I discovered the game because of it. And I only just finished the file for this pack, 5 years later.
It is really rough on stamina yeah, also the split jumptrill transitions are really hard.

Quote:
The Valedictory Elegy (hi19hi19) - There's a pretty big difference between the Medium and the Hard chart. I would love to see another difficulty somewhere between the two. But that's not a deal breaker, because it doesn't detract from the file. The Hard is a lot of fun.
Confession: The Standard chart is just the scraps that were left over from when I was blocking out the Heavy chart. I had all this unlayered but well-PR'd stuff lying around and the patterns looked like they could be fun on their own. It seemed a shame to just delete it, so I was like, why not make this an easy chart? Spent like 15 minutes making some BS for the solo and cleaning everything up, instant easy chart.
Honestly I really don't want to add another difficulty because that song is much more of a pain in the ass to layer than I expected.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 06-1-2016 at 05:58 PM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote