View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 02:10 PM   #963
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to DigitalS3r4ph Send a message via MSN to DigitalS3r4ph
Default Re: The VideoGame MegaPack 4 (OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS)!

HOL UP Review Time

Balloon Fight Medley - Yes - Really fun file, but lacks climax theory so it feels alittle on the repetitive side by the end of it. I see you're getting a handle on how to use mines. Good stuff.

Battle 2 - Yes - Awesome chart. Will be perfect if there's an expert chart for this too. I've always envisioned a chart for this song as being jack heavy with trills for the drum beats, so you should go for it (If not then I will, haha).

Black Rain - Yes - Excellent file. I was worried about the song length at first but the song and chart is kickass enough to make it flow by quick. What's stopping you from going in on those minijacks? The expert sm players will appreciate it given the song choice...But it's not a deal breaker. Again, awesome file and great work as always!

Fantastic Theater - Yes - Solid song choice, fun chart to go with it, solo at the end felt incredible. Great file overall.

Gopher Grove - No Hahahaha wtf is wrong with this file. Fix what ever craziness is going on with this chart and I'll try it again.
Error playing command:/Songs/New files to judge 2/Gopher Grover (Jose_Varela)/SM5/default.lua:2245: attempt to index a nil value
/Songs/New files to judge 2/Gopher Grover (Jose_Varela)/SM5/default.lua:2245: unknown(self = (null),(*temporary) = (null),(*temporary) = (null),(*temporary) = (null),(*temporary) = (null),(*temporary) = (null),(*temporary) = attempt to index a nil value)

Hope & Joy Peace & Love - Yes - Have my babies. I almost teared up near the end.

Jurassic Dope - No The file was alright given the song choice but the file unfortunately may not make the final cut given the standards being set for the pack.

Molgera - Conditional - Ambitious song choice and decent chart overall, but there are a couple of issues with it. The file feels really unbalanced, and certain notes also feel off or incorrect. I'd take a second look over this one at a slow rate and verify everything. There's also a lot of dead space here and there in the chart too. Spice it up some. Don't be afraid to make multiple difficulties either.

The Mysterious Murasame Castle Medley - Yes - All three charts are great. The Expert chart is also an appreciated addition. Great mine theory.

Rhythm and Balance - Yes - Pretty sure I reviewed this one already but god damn this file is as close to perfection as it gets. <3 <3 <3 Fuck yeah man.

Truth And Power - Yes - The interplay and flow between the left and right hands for this chart feels amazing. Short and sweet, but epic as the same time. Delicious AAAA food provided to you by a Master Sim Chef.

Where You At? - Conditional - Wow, who the fuck stepped this? Haha. Phenomenal file. This is exactly the kind of shit I'm talking about when it comes to VGMP standards that should be adhered to. My only gripe, is the rolls in this chart. I'd make this chart as it stands an Edit or Beginner chart, and then make the main chart the same exact thing but without the rolls. I don't think files with rolls have ever been accepted into a VGMPack.

PM me if you find the secret.

Last edited by DigitalS3r4ph; 05-21-2016 at 02:10 PM..
DigitalS3r4ph is offline   Reply With Quote