View Single Post
Old 05-6-2016, 07:09 PM   #14
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Who's fault would it be?

Is your question about the morality of the situation or if someone is legally at fault?

"If you called the police, would you just be saving him from himself again, when you should just let him drown and learn from his own mistakes?"

You wouldn't just be saving him from himself again, you'd be saving the other person. And besides, there's no indication that him getting in this accident would make him learn from his mistakes. Imprisonment, loss of license, and or psychological rehabilitation could be just as or more useful by informing the police and don't entail the certain loss of life. And it's axiomatically better to save the life of an innocent person (the stranger on the road who dies) than that of the guilty person (your friend who drives drunk).

I don't understand the other hypothetical. You're saying that if you report him to the police, you get punished as if you drove drunk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JiZ53- View Post
if I'm watching a mountain lion stalk an elk and I dont do anything to stop the mountain lion, is it my fault that the mountain lion attacked the elk?
No, but comparing humans killing humans to animals hunting animals is incredibly stupid for several reasons.

Mountain lions hunt elk to survive, but human beings don't drive drunk to survive, and don't need to kill another human while doing so.
Mountain lions have no critical thinking in their actions as humans are and aren't morally accountable for anything.

Last edited by ilikexd; 05-6-2016 at 07:12 PM..
ilikexd is offline   Reply With Quote