View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 11:00 AM   #56
VickyFox
FFR Player

Smile Re: Stepmania confession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Sometimes I pick a song I like, go in SM Editor, use the correct bpm and then I just jam randomly with the song playing to place notes.
Doing what steppers do the best. Mash 'n mash.

@Leonid: And this is exactly the problem of StepMania, sometimes stepwriters don't properly determine the stream of arrows needed for lower/higher difficulties. Because of this the real difficulty doesn't match the expected difficulty (colour and amount of feet) Then you've also got quirky lower difficulties which look like a random stripped version of the higher difficulties. (And to be frank, I don't think StepMania has standards of difficulty...)

Some steppers do this scaling the good way, however; they step the beginner level first and add more instrumental patterns progressively throughout difficulties.
AAA : SM Blue logo version, I believe it is a modified version of AAA on FFR and has at least 4 difficulties, very well stepped.
Victory - Bond : same story.
Sounds of Life - Pendulum: with changing backgrounds and multiple difficulties. A real b**** I never got around to mastering.

Anyone know these?

Last edited by VickyFox; 04-27-2016 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: Made my explanation of the difficulty problem a bit clearer.
VickyFox is offline   Reply With Quote