View Single Post
Old 04-7-2016, 07:22 AM   #424
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Read My Reviews

Day 311: Sleep Cycle by Deakin

A slight conflict when rating this. First and foremost, this DESTROYS both Centipede Hz and Painting With and we don't even need to talk about any recent solo releases. These are some very solid pop songs despite their long length, spacy, catchy, varied and just experimental enough to please a shallow psychedelic trip for its short running time. Not a single one of these tracks is bad, which is amazing considering how inconsistent Animal Collective has always been and probably will continue to be.

Those live tracks are a complete fucking waste of time. Self-indulgent pseudo-tribal vaguely racist mindless bullshit and this is coming from someone who enjoyed Here Comes The Indian as well as many more experimental releases. He sounds like he wants to be Wayne Coyne after fucking Miley Cyrus to the sounds of a bootleg Shpongle. Just awful, awful stuff. However, I'm not sure if this is actually part of the album, considering the Bandcamp release only has the studio tracks. They might just be bonus tracks.

Eh screw it, I'm considering them bonus tracks. Don't listen to the live tracks, please, they're AWFUL. But listen to this album/EP. It's good.

Best Track: Good House
Rating: 7/10 (If we were wasting our time it would be a 5 at best)

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote