Old 02-29-2016, 03:41 AM   #23
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach
Default Re: Steroids / Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
This is exactly why I tend to bemoan the legal status of various gear. Seems to come down to... what, sports?

Like, estrogen is a steroid hormone... it's just not anabolic (afaik).
The irony though (to add to Arch0wl's good points), is that despite this being the majority of the justification for their ban, their use is still rampant and in many sports it's difficult to even be competitive without drugs.

One reality is that drug tests are extremely bad at detecting drugs. Piss tests in particular are notoriously easy to pass. Only blood tests are really effective and even then there are lots of new drugs you can run straight through a blood test. Urine tests can't even pick up most of the hormones you can buy easily in many places and you can run them year round straight through a piss test.

So basically drug usage is widespread in sports and, yes, in the olympics. This should be evident to anyone who actually follows drug busts in sports since people getting busted for steroid use is relatively common, even among people that preach incessantly about how steroids are cheating. And this happens despite how shitty the tests are and how lax most sporting regulations are towards drugs in reality.

In reality, most regulatory bodies don't want to enforce drug testing anyway because it's bad for the sport. Performance would go down if we lost the drugs, and performance gets views. People want to see superhumans. Drug usage is so bad in many sports that most people are using. Take football for example. I workout at a big football gym for one of the universities. I've overheard plenty of gear talks and know a lot of people on the team there. Most of the guys even at the college level are using. A couple of them have already been busted for winstrol usage because they're idiots (one of the easiest compounds to detect in urine). All of the guys that need any size are already running Test and Dbol.

It's rampant in a lot of sports, though I won't list them because everyone gets their panties in a fucking knot when their sport shows up on the list because the natties heroes swoop in to try and justify how their hero doesn't take steroids.

But most of them do.

Another reality is that drugs are, in many sports at elite peak performance, more often than not safer to take than trying to perform at that level naturally.

Having a lean ripped physique while maintaining substantial muscle mass while natural is a pipe dream. Most studies show it's extremely difficult for most naturals to maintain body fat below 8% for any sustained period of time without hormonal crash (there are exceptions, but usually based on genetics or people using strange diets. Lean gains seems to be a candidate). Most naturals can't maintain lower than 10-12% year round, but leaner comes with serious health risks. Many elite sports also require training frequency that is too high for naturals to sustain because recovery cannot be achieved, or injury risks becomes increasingly high.

Steroids fix both of these problems by increasing recovery, decreasing risk of injury, allowing athletes to train harder and more seriously over sustained periods of time without injury, and they also allow athletes to maintain more muscle mass with a lower body fat percentage without crashing their hormones and causing short or long term health risks.

So why not use? It seems logical at elite levels of sporting.

(cuz datz cheatin' rite)

At the end of the day, I don't care about use. The olympics should have no drug restrictions and leagues that want to enforce drug rules should have their own federations.

Because the only thing that actually pisses me off is fake natties and feds that pretend to want natties when they don't.

Crossfit is notoriously bad right now. I mean, everyone knows you have to juice to go anywhere in Powerlifting, and bodybuilding is basically a pharmaceutical showcase, but Crossfit and people that compete in it like to pretend that they're natural but everyone in that sport is juiced out of their mind lmao.

The olympics will never change its stance due to PR reasons, but it's rapidly becoming a joke. Their new stance on allowing trans men to compete against women is going to be a shit show.

Last edited by Reach; 02-29-2016 at 06:12 AM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote