Thread: Motivate me
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 11:41 AM   #1
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner
Default Motivate me

Okay guys, I've put off art way too long. I want to create a character, right now his name is Ooz, and I want to make this an animation project. I'm extremely inspired by the fundamentals of pixar and stuff and I just want some second opinions-- does this sound like something I should put time into?

This character doesn't know where he lives, or what he is. He's a liquid robot, in a nutshell, nebulous and elastic and highly enthusiastic about anything he finds. Typically flowers and plants, on this vast land where nothing exists except him. He doesn't know that his enthusiasm for nature actually actively destroys it. He's a self sustaining organic computer, highly adaptive, and has chameleon qualities to adapt to his surroundings.

So basically, I want to make a comic book or animation for this little character because I love him. Do you think it's worth the time? These are some rough sketches.

But basically I've got his whole surreal little universe figured out in my head. I could make a show with him, but I'd start with making storyboards before moving into animation.

What do you guys think of Ooz? Give your honest opinion of this liquid robot that has landed in a desolate world where sometimes plant matter pops up, to which he promptly accidentally destroys. I want to make a narrative about how humans are doing the same thing with the earth, but from a distant, abstract ideation.

I've always loved liquidness, and my own mind feels liquid. I want to express it somehow. So just lemme know what you think of the concept of this kind of character!

Last edited by Spenner; 02-26-2016 at 11:42 AM..
Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote