View Single Post
Old 02-4-2016, 08:15 PM   #40
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: [SM5.0.10/5.1.0]BareBone Theme 1.5

downloaded.
edit: wow. that's pretty barebones. haha. I like the undertale font (noice coincidence, bareBONES)

So far, everything seems to work well. I might as well mention small nitpicks:
- When we double-press enter when choosing a song, then go to machine options, exiting these machine options brings us back to the title screen instead of the song options (double-enter) menu. That's weird...
- Why aren't rates in speed mods? I think it would have made perfect sense
- The fact that the life bar changes color without transition is ok (I mean, it's barebones indeed), but a bit distracting. I don't know how hard adding a fade from red to blue would be, be it would be cool
- Is it easy to show the judge on the result screen? I think this should be a standard
- The judge feedback when we play is very big/flashy (in my opinion), and seems to go against the barebones theme you set. I was expecting more subtle judge feedback (which just fits more my tastes, I admit. Not everybody might agree). I don't want to get on your nerves, though. It's ok to use the default judge look, too. In the end, I think it's the size of the "marvelous" text which bothers me the most, not actually its flashiness.
- I like how fast this theme feels. However, it's a bit too fast at times. When I press escape to go back in the menus, sometimes I go back 3 pages instead of just 1 because I didn't realize my command took effect so fast. Maybe a sound effect (a higher pitched 8-bit sound?) that plays when we go back could help. Just a thought
- Why not show the clock in the upper-right corner? I love that feature, sad to see it's not here
- Why not show the solo charts in the song selection?

Everything else seems pretty spot on. Awesome.
Edit2: The clarity of the information displayed on the song selection screen actually makes this my favorite song selection screen ever. I like how cdtitles don't move for once and that we are actually able to read them. THAT is quite the accomplishment and almost gives it the edge over the ultralight theme for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 02-6-2016 at 12:24 PM..
MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote